Enterprise Sales Engineer
Role: Enterprise Sales Engineer / Pre-Sales Solutions Architect
Reports To: Director of Solutions Engineering
Company: Docebo, https://www.docebo.com/
Location: Downtown Toronto (ability to travel up to 25%)
Our ideal candidate is a master at blending the technical with the functional, by presenting to prospective clients all aspects of our product. You will work closely with our sales team to gather requirements and solve complex problems. Combining technical and industry knowledge will be essential to understanding the root of every question and providing effective solutions.
Docebo (from the Latin “I will teach” and pronounced “Docēbō”) is a pure Cloud Learning Management System (LMS) that over 28,000 organizations have used globally since 2005. Sold in over 70 countries worldwide and available in over 30 languages, Docebo truly exemplifies internationalization. Docebo has been ranked in the world’s Top 10 for SaaS e-learning solutions providers, and in the Top 3 for B2B LMSs. Docebo is generally regarded as one of the industry’s most comprehensive solutions for training management, and has been chosen by some of the world’s most respected companies to achieve operational efficiency. Docebo has offices in Europe, Asia, Canada and USA, and is currently one of the fastest growing learning technology companies in the market. www.docebo.com
- Become a trusted advisor to all levels within the prospective customer organization from CEOs, to Developers, to Learning and Development Directors.
- Be extremely flexible in tackling a technical conversation with highly technical stakeholders, and reduce complexity to a minimum with less-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team, and operate with outstanding synchronization to achieve closing business and by providing our prospects with high quality service.
- Be a creative, upbeat, positive player at all times while guiding the prospects’ assessments of our products at various technical levels.
- Be a responsive and technical member of cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, customer success) and provide value internally to your sales team as well as to your assigned prospects who are asking “how to do it in a smart way”.
- Understand and become a master at describing our technical architecture to prospects and address every question they may have surrounding our technology in a prompt manner.
- Learn our product and become a true Subject Matter Expert, and be able to support our Product team with great insights and feedback.
- Prior technical sales experience in a similar role (Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Pre-Sale Engineer, Solutions Consultant, Technical Account Manager, Technical Sales Engineer, etc.);
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience working in a pre-sales, sales, technical implementation or consultant type role;
- B.A. or B.S. degree (M.S. or an M.B.A. is a plus);
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time;
- A “can do” attitude, which means you look at obstacles as opportunities to make Docebo succeed; strong sales attitude and sales instinct, and you enjoy speaking with prospective clients throughout all stages of the sales cycle;
- Love the intersection of technology, business, and learning;
- Ability to code in at least one object-oriented language. ie. PHP, C#, Python;
- Strong knowledge of industry standards REST, oAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0;
- Strong knowledge of enterprise technologies and systems such as LDAP, SSO, CRM, ERP or HRIS;
- Ability to share your technical knowledge while maintaining an upbeat pace (don’t bore the audience with jargon if not needed) and a positive mindset;
- Knowledge of the LMS industry and its surrounding standards will be a plus (xAPI, SCORM, AICC);
- Experience in the B2B SaaS industry will be considered an advantage; portfolio and track record of projects where REST APIs and other modern web frameworks were used heavily.
- Working experience with one or more of the following frameworks: Yii 2, Angular 2, React.js, Redux, ngrx/store
Klass Capital and our portfolio companies are equal opportunity employers. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The company focuses on developing team members both professionally and personally by establishing career progression paths and offering a full health benefits package, company sponsored events, and a strong focus on continual improvement of the company culture.