Role: Proposal Specialist
Reports To: Head of Solutions Engineering
Company: Docebo, https://www.docebo.com/
Location: Downtown Toronto (Not Remote)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Docebo is a cloud e-learning solutions provider that is revolutionizing the online training market with its Software as a Service (SaaS) Learning Management System (LMS). Regularly ranked among the world’s top 10 SaaS e-learning platforms, Docebo is regarded as one of the industry’s most comprehensive solutions for training management, and has been chosen by some of the world’s most respected companies to achieve operational efficiency. Designed as a true software as a service, cloud-based platform, Docebo is not just an e-learning tool but is specifically designed to be delivered in SaaS as an ecosystem of features and modules that can be adapted to any requirement. Culture is incredibly important at Docebo. Docebo encourages the team to work effectively together, but also have fun together! www.docebo.com
The way the human brain absorbs new information today is different from the way we learned ten years ago. Our people understand that for our clients to win the competitive edge, it's critical to provide online learners with the best learning technology available. That's why we hire the brightest minds in the SaaS space - to build products that power learning to its fullest potential - and in return, our people reap the benefits of our own innovations (and have a blast doing it).
As a Proposal Specialist, you know the importance of having a sense of urgency but are also focused on the granular level details when writing and drafting important documents. You are obsessed with organization, the fine details, and are constantly focused on quality. Our ideal candidate is consistent, persistent, and an excellent communicator, especially in the written form.
- Support global sales organization by managing the complete lifecycle of a proposal response from intake of the RFP through to submission.
- Tag-team with the Sales Team, and operate with outstanding synchronization to close business and serve our prospects with quality.
- Facilitate opportunity qualification calls/meetings, strategy calls, and regular status updates of RFP funnel.
- Create and distribute project outlines that break out RFP requirements into section assignments for project team members for completion.
- Project manage multiple simultaneous RFP responses on tight deadlines.
- Perform writing, editing, proofreading, customizing, and formatting to ensure proposal responses are clear, concise and well presented.
- Maintain and update a global RFP knowledge base, to increase the efficiency of the proposal process.
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs within the organization to create responses for proposals while maintaining a technical understanding of the company’s products and service offerings.
- Review, edit, and provide guidance on the creation of cover letters, executive summaries, value propositions and other key components of proposals.
- Support all activities related to the assembly, production, and delivery of a final proposal.
- Coordinate with Marketing for development of documentation needed in support of RFP process.
- Coordinate with Product Management, IT, and Technical Writing group for the development and management of technical documentation.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Technical sales experience in bid/proposal development, or a related role
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience working in a proposal writing or pre-sales role
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- A “can do” attitude, which means you look at obstacles as opportunities of making Docebo succeed
- Strong sales attitude and instinct, and enjoy speaking with prospective clients in all stages of the sales cycle
- Love the intersection of technology, business, and learning
- Exceptional prioritization skills and proven ability to multitask
- Proven experience working with members of sales and marketing teams, product teams, technical teams, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent presentation skills, with proficiency in presentation tools
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- A large asset if you are fluent in a language in addition to English (ie. French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc.)
- Knowledge of the LMS industry and its standards will be a plus
- Experience in Enterprise Software / SaaS industry will be considered a plus
- Experience as an LMS implementation consultant will be a plus
The company focuses on developing team members both professionally and personally by establishing career progression paths and offering a full health benefits package, company sponsored events, and a strong focus on continual improvement of the company culture.
Klass Capital and our portfolio companies are equal opportunity employers. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.