Talent Acquisition Manager
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: Downtown Toronto
Reports to: Head of Talent
About Klass Capital
Klass is a private equity firm established to acquire and provide expansion stage capital to software businesses. We are backed by a $60 billion dollar large pension plan, a number of institutional investors and high net worth entrepreneurs. We have been acquiring and providing growth capital to mission-critical enterprise software businesses for over 10 years. We target investing between $1mm and $20mm of equity per deal and have built a portfolio of 15 high-growth businesses. We move quickly, have a collaborative approach, and strongly believe in adding value to our partners. To learn more about Klass, visit www.klass.com.
About the Role
Klass Talent is looking to hire a Talent Acquisition Manager to join our in-house talent team. Our talent team provides talent acquisition and recruitment services across our portfolio of high-growth software companies. We work with our companies to source the right candidates and to attract top talent. We are looking for a recruiter with 3-6 years of talent acquisition experience who thrives in a fast paced, high-growth and entrepreneurial culture. This role will offer you a rewarding opportunity to work closely with successful entrepreneurs as they scale their teams. The role offers a lot of variety as you will be working on attracting talent for all areas of our businesses. You will have the opportunity to work directly with leaders in the software industry. If you are outgoing, high energy and that person who has the most Facebook friends and Linkedin contacts, then this role is for you!
- Source high quality candidates by leveraging all talent acquisition channels - through your network, headhunting, cold calling, Linkedin, internal Klass database, social media, networking events, etc.
- Review resumes received and qualify applicants for screening
- Conduct in-depth telephone interviews and in-person interview assessments of candidates
- Conduct informational meetings with potential candidates to build our talent funnel
- Provide support to portfolio companies throughout entire hiring process (job descriptions, process coordination, interview logistics, offer negotiation, etc.)
- Work in partnership with senior management and hiring managers at numerous software (SaaS) portfolio companies to fill roles in all areas of the business (Development, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Consulting, Product, Customer Success, Support, Professional Services, Implementation, UI/UX, QA, Finance, Operations, etc.)
- Perform thorough reference checks and background checks on candidates
- Assist with the entire recruitment process and offer process
- Act as a Talent Coach and Advisor to hiring managers and talent teams within the Klass Portfolio on various talent related items, including compensation structuring, market data and hiring best practices
- Co-ordinate interviews for hiring managers – scheduling, calendar invites, admin support
- Keep current on strategic recruitment trends and identify opportunities to leverage best practices and tools/technology
- Work with external recruiters, as needed
- Attend technology industry networking events – to network, build talent pipeline and promote Klass portfolio companies
- 3 – 6 years of experience in a Talent Acquisition Role (in-house) or External Recruitment experience (agency) - in the technology industry
- Depth of experience/knowledge of Talent Acquisition, including targeted sourcing strategies, talent attraction campaigns, and candidate assessments
- Proven experience acting as a strategic and analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with senior executives in various functions
- University Degree
- Strong communication skills – telephone skills, written skills, customer service skills
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with high growth companies
- Ability to multi-task and own multiple roles simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate in a teamwork culture
- Strong organizational skills – ability to stay organized even when juggling multiple roles, various hiring managers, numerous candidates at different stages, etc.
- Detail oriented
- Self motivated and ability to work independently
- High Energy
- Experience working on recruitment for technology and/or software companies
- Keen interest and understanding of Technology / Software industry
- Professionalism and integrity - this role requires you to deal with Management Teams, and to use the utmost discretion in handling confidential information
Health and dental benefits, fun monthly social events, convenient downtown location in the MaRS building and much more!