Director of Business Development & Sponsorships
Role: Director of Business Development & Sponsorships
Company: #movethedial, https://movethedial.com/
Reports to: VP of Operations
Type: Full Time / Permanent
#movethedial is a global movement with a mission to advance the participation and leadership of all women in the tech industry. We seek to #movethedial through building awareness, inspiring action, galvanizing & amplifying collective community and corporate efforts, and through delivering high impact programs.
Our business is scaling rapidly and we need an experienced Director of Business Development & Sponsorships to acquire and manage new client (ie. Corporate Partners, Sponsors, Community Patrons, etc.) relationships. The ideal candidate will have delivered on a quota and bring experience in enterprise (B2B) sales, ideally sponsorship sales, as well as skills related to strategic planning and analysis. In this role, you will be responsible for developing relationships with both new and existing sponsors/partners, negotiating contracts and closing deals! We will rely on you to partner with our marketing team to conduct market research and develop a strategic business development plan, in addition to providing sales operations support to the CEO.
In this role, you will:
- Be an individual contributor carrying an individual quota
- Identify potential partners / sponsors / corporations / community organizations in our target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business needs
- Develop relationships with prospects, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Structure sales organization and build a sales team in the future
- Partner with marketing and sponsorship teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders
- Close significant business transactions tied to our key pillars of Summit, Stories and Connect (both sponsorship and B2B enterprise SaaS sales related deals)
- Collaborate with Partnership Team to ensure contracted elements are executed on-time and as agreed
- Become a subject matter expert on #movethedial’s key pillars and remain up-to-date on industry news
- Own the CRM technology and lead best practices around sales funnel and technology adoption and usage
We are looking for people who:
- Are passionate about making a difference!
- Are energized by hunting and closing deals, yet are passionate about sales process and want to set the foundation for our global sales department
- Bring demonstrated achievement in direct B2B sponsorship sales
- Ability to build relationships, motivate partners and sponsors
- Have experience with consultative selling and professional closing skills
- Have experience with sales forecasting and pipeline management
- Have a proven track record of growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals, as well as a track record of over achieving your quota
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions to varying customer needs
- Have a competitive edge and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Are extremely proactive and upbeat with strong organizational skills
- Have startup hustle
- Can strategize and think big picture, but also be scrappy and roll up your sleeves to get things done!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications as well as sales technology tools
- Authenticity - we are committed to showing up whole-heartedly with the highest respect for ourselves and others. We trust and support one another and communicate openly.
- Abundance - we believe that we can all win and that we can accomplish more together. We are open, collaborative, and we celebrate and amplify the success of others.
- Action - we are optimistic about the future and have confidence in our ability to make a BIG impact by acting instead of talking. We are scrappy and favour progress over perfection.
- Inclusiveness - we firmly believe that we are better together and that Diversity and Inclusiveness are critical to the success of all teams.
- Passion - we are committed to developing experiences and partnerships that amaze and delight our community.
- Grit - we persist because of our passion, even in the face of obstacles.
#movethedial is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.